Details of Educational Qualification:
|Degree||Specialization||University||College||Year of Passing|
|PhD||Pharmaceutical Sciences||JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research||JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty||2018|
|M. Pharm||Pharmaceutical Chemistry||JSS University, Mysuru||JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty||2014|
|B. Pharm||Pharmaceutical Sciences||Calicut University||Al Shifa College of Pharmacy, Perinthalmanna||2011|
|1||Centre for Basic Science Research and Bioethics, Kerala University of Health Sciences (KUHS)||Research Coordinator||December 2018 to June 2020|
|2||Caritas College of Pharmacy||Associate Professor||December 2021 to till date|
Dr Jayaram U, M. Pharm and PhD in Medicinal Chemistry from JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research. Doctor of Philosophy with 2 years of experience in Computer Aided Drug Discovery, Phytochemistry Research, Formulation R & D, and New Product Development. In-depth knowledge acquaintance in Medicinal Chemistry, Phytochemistry and Drug Design aspects.
Areas of Expertise: Medicinal Chemistry, Research and Development, Phytochemistry, Computer Aided Drug Design, New Product Development.
Received Tamil Nadu State Council for Science and Technology sponsored scholarship for the project entitled Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of some Novel GyrB and ParE Dual Inhibitors as Robust Antibacterial Agents; Tamil Nadu Pharmaceutical Sciences Welfare Trust sponsored scholarship for the project entitled Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of some Novel GyrB and ParE Dual Inhibitors as Robust Antibacterial Agents; JSS University issued First Rank Certificate for M. Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry); St. Peter’s Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences Gold medal for M. Pharm (Pharmaceutical Chemistry); University Grants Commission – Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for the project entitled Design, Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of some Novel Antibacterial Agents Targeting Alanine Racemase.
- Computational Molecular Modeling Studies of Some Mycobacterium Tuberculosis Alanine Racemase Inhibitors, U Jayaram, MA Azam, Acta Chimica Slovenica, 2022.
- Unni Jayaram, Mohammed Afzal Azam, Ashish Devidas Wadhwani, Sameer Kumar Verma, Krishnan Rathinasamy, Susobhan Mahanty. Synthesis, Biological Evaluation and Molecular Modeling Studies of novel 2-[(2,4-dioxo-1,3-thiazolidin-3-yl) acetyl]-N-arylhydrazine carbothioamides as Antibacterial Agents Targeting Alanine Racemase Enzyme. Jordan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. DSR Publishers. 2020; 13(3):337-361.
- Unni Jayaram, Mohamed Saleem T K, Mohamed Musthafa N K, Farzana P M. Patient’s Perception of Community Pharmacist in North Malabar region of Kerala, India: A questionnaire-based study. Research in Pharmacy. Update Publishing Group. 2020; 10:1-5.
- Vedpal, Jayaram U, Wadhwani A, Dhanabal SP. Isolation and characterization of flavonoids from the roots of medicinal plant Tadehagi triquetrum (L.) H. Ohashi. Natural Product Research. Taylor & Francis. 2019; 13:1913-1918.
- Jayaram U, Afzal Azam M, Rajeshkumar R. Synthesis, molecular docking and antibacterial activity evaluation of some novel 3,7-disubstituted-[1,3] thiazolo[4,5-d]pyrimidin-2(3H)-one derivatives. Fabad Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2018; 43:159-171.
- Unni Jayaram, Mohammed Afzal Azam. Induced fit docking, free energy calculation and molecular dynamics studies on Mycobacterium tuberculosis alanine racemase inhibitor. Molecular Simulations. Taylor & Francis. 2017; 1:1-9.
- Unni Jayaram, Mohammed Afzal Azam. Inhibitors of alanine racemase enzyme: a review. Journal of Enzyme Inhibition and Medicinal Chemistry. Taylor and Francis. 2016; 4:517-526.
- Unni Jayaram, Mohammed Afzal Azam. In silico-based target screening of the alanine racemase enzyme for novel antibacterial drug discovery. New Horizons in Translational Medicine. Elsevier. 2016: 3:30-61.
- Vedpal, Dhanabal SP, Dhamodaran P, Duraiswamy B, Chaitnya MVNL, Jeyaprakash MR, Jayaram U. Pharmacognostical characterization, phytochemical screening and finger print profile of the plant Desmodium gangeticum DC. International Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemical Research. 2016; 8(8):1271-1277.
- Vedpal, SP Dhanabal, P Dhamodaran, MVNL Chaitnya, B Duraiswamy, Unni Jayaram, Neha Srivastava. Ethnopharmacological and Phytochemical profile of three potent Desmodium species: Desmodium gangeticum (L.) DC, Desmodium triflorum Linn and Desmodium triquetrum Linn. Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research. 2016; 8(7):91-97.
- MVNL Chaitanya, SP Dhanabal, S Jubie, R Jeya Prakash, Unni Jayaram. Molecular Docking Studies, Phytochemical and Cytotoxic Investigation on Erigeron Karvinkianus DC as A Dual Topo I & II Poisons. International Journal of Green and Herbal Chemistry Section B: Herbal Chemistry. 2015; 4(4):359-378.